Friday, September 21, 2018
The AWTE conference is for theatre teachers, directors, technical directors, college students, university professors and/or performing arts center (PAC) managers.
Here is a letter from DPI, endorsing the value of fine arts professional development.
AWTE also sponsors professional development sessions at the Wisconsin High School Theatre Festival in November.
8:00-9:00am Registration, Vendor Expo, Continental Breakfast
9:00-9:45 Keynote Address
9:45-10:00 AWTE Membership Meeting
10:15-11:15 Workshop Session #1
11:30-12:30 Workshop Session #2
12:30-2:00 Lunch and Networking
1:30 Theatre Department Tour (Optional)
2:00-3:00 Workshop Session #3
End of Day
Vendor Tables will be available during the entire conference!
- Keynote Speaker (9 am), George Tzougros of the Wisconsin Arts Board
- Intimacy Direction - Kara Penrose
- Stage Combat - Ron Parker
- The Book, The Staff and the Spell: Unleashing the Power of Shakespeare's Verse by Understanding the Connections in an Actor's Brain - Ken Hill
- Proud Theater - Devising from Life Experiences - Lindsey Hoel-Neds and Dana Gordon Rowe
- Teaching Theatre with Technology - John Dalziel
- New DPI K-12 Theatre Standards - Julie Palkowski of the Wisconsin DPI
- Career Opportunities in Wisconsin Theatre - Brian Clausen
- Staying Legal - Sound Advice for Educational Theaters - Terry Goodermuth
- Lunch roundtable topics: Creating Safe Spaces, Auditions, How to Network to Get your Needs Met, Managing the High School PAC
- And much more!
Registration & Fees
If your school requires you to share in substitute teacher costs, the AWTE may be able to assist. Contact Lindsey Hoel-Neds with the stated need by Friday, September 7. The board will determine if registrations can qualify for a scholarship fee/reduction.
All conference registrations include annual membership, conference fees, and meals.
• First-Time Attendee • $65
• Individual Attendee • $95Note: University Professors of pre-service theatre teachers can bring up to 3 students, free of charge. Please contact secretary Lindsey Hoel-Neds to register your students.
• School/Organization: 2 Colleagues = $125; 3 = $160; 4 = $200
• Student Attendee • $25
• Vendor Fee: 8 am-3 pm. Prices below include one table and conference registrations/meals for up to two staff people. Please indicate the number/names of vendors in attendance. For Profit = $75; Nonprofit = $40First three nonprofits who present a session get free vendor tables and up to two free conference registrations.
Donation to be listed as a sponsor = $45